Monday, November 9, 2015

Weekend Update

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.  We did!  It was busier than normal  it seemed but busy in a good way.  Friday afternoon, we met up with a friend, Cathey, at a local restaurant, Angie's Circus City Diner.   Cathey does freelance journalism and was in town to do a story so we had a good little visit over a piece of Angie's chocolate pie.  Pie is ALWAYS good!
Afterwards, Allan and I went to Paris to get some things picked up for the new house. I always love going by the Eiffel Tower, too, when we're in Paris.  It was lit up so pretty!
Of course, we had to stay in town long enough to eat supper at Magel's, which is always great!
Saturday, we continued Mom's birthday celebration.  Both of my brothers and their families were able to come down for the afternoon and evening.
I always torture everybody with a little picture taking!
 Mom and the three youngest grands. 
 My kids weren't able to come home this weekend but we did miss having them.
Mom with me and my brothers.  
We went to eat at Roma's for supper and I took a cake that I'd made and we all had a great time.

Later than night, I was getting my Sunday School lesson prepared with the help of Precious & Abby.
It never fails that I have at least one kitty trying to 'help' me each time.  They're so cute, though, that it's hard to make them leave things alone!
Sunday was Bible Class and worship.  I had a full class of kiddos and we had a great time learning about being a light for Jesus.   We went to lunch with friends and then of course there is the standard Sunday afternoon nap!  We went to church again and then out for supper with more church friends!
I hope everyone had a great weekend and will have a great week!



1 comment:

  1. You do mean Paris, Texas? I have never been to Paris, Texas and now that I've seen your photo, I want to go. We visited Paris, France and had our pic made at the top of the Eiffel Tower. It was beautiful, but scary. I don't like heights. I saw today a pic on the news of some crazy people scaling the side up the Eiffel Tower.
    Funny how our family fusses about having their pic taken, but they always enjoy seeing them.

    ReplyDelete